Jane Bown: A Lifetime of Looking (Limited Edition)
The limited edition version of the definitive monograph of the legendary British photographer Jane Bown.
1 in stock
Join Faber Members for 10% off your first order.
Featuring 200 black-and-white and colour images, this book includes her iconic portraits and extensive photojournalism from the Greenham Common evictions to the Iranian embassy siege. Bown’s pictures allow us to walk back in time as she captured – with curiosity, respect and wit – the people of the UK: you’ll find heroic strikers, soulful miners, proud dogwalkers, busy fishermen, dancing girls, picnicking postmen and excited daytrippers side by side with the Queen, Mick Jagger, Charlie Chaplain, Margot Fonteyn, Sinéad O’Connor, the Beatles and Spike Lee. This definitive collection not only presents Jane’s well-known shots, it includes substantial material that has never been seen before.
This book presents the most comprehensive collection of the photographer’s work – created during the 1940s through the 2010s. The book will be edited by friend and curator Luke Dodd.
Limited Edition Specification
– 200 copies at £150
– 288pp as per standard edition, plus tipped-in hand numbered limitation page.
– This edition includes hand numbered limited edition print of Bown’s iconic photograph of Samuel Beckett taken in 1976 . The black and white silver gelatin digital print, 175mm x 260mm approx, is on fibre based paper, stamped on reverse with ‘Jane Bown Estate print’ in archive ink and inserted into a pocket.
– Printed on 150gsm paper with spot varnish on images
– Thread sewn, cased, head and tail bands
– Book full-bound in light grey cloth
– Case Material: Duchesse Leinen 90200 Kalkgrau
– Title blocked on spine in black foil
– Endpapers in black 130gsm
– Slipcase of 3mm board, bound in dark grey cloth ( Slip case rigid, lined 3mm bound in Peyer Duchesse Leinen 90201 Graphit blind blocked on front
– Individually wrapped in brown paper and numbered label attached
Browse a selection of books we think you might also like, with genre matches and a few wildcards thrown in.