Assassinated Beauty (Limited Edition)
An incredible visual biography of the Manic Street Preachers from Kevin Cummins.
3 in stock
We are temporarily only able to ship Faber Shop orders to addresses in the UK.
In the early nineties, a group of fiercely political young men from the Welsh valleys exploded onto a British music scene. It was the legendary photographer Kevin Cummins who captured James, Sean, Richey and Nicky in their most uncompromising, glam-fixated early years.
Assassinated Beauty is a unique record of a band on a mission to reclaim rock ‘n roll through literature, image and thrilling guitar pop. Working at the NME and already famous for his association with the classic images of Joy Division, The Smiths and Stone Roses, Cummins was the ideal photographer to capture the essence of a band who understood and manipulated androgynous and decadent imagery.
These photographs document the period just before the release of Generation Terrorists (1992) up to Holy Bible (1995) and the subsequent disappearance of guitarist and lyricist, Richey Edwards. A revealing mix of studio shots and never-seen-before behind the scenes photographs and the ultimate portrait of one of the last great British rock n roll bands.
Assassinated Beauty Limited Edition100 copies are available to buy at £250 on the Faber & Faber website.
– 192pp as per standard edition, plus tipped-in signed numbered limitation page
– Book to be full-bound in dark grey cloth, large debossed area on front panel containing printed image of Richie on art paper, title blocked on front and spine in white foil. The book will be signed by the members of Manic Street Preachers and Kevin Cummins
– Head & Tail bands, gold endpapers
– Package to contain exclusive high-quality print, signed by Kevin Cummins, numbered
– Printed paper-covered slipcase (leopard skin pattern), supermatt lamination and white foil blocking
– Brown paper wrapped and numbered label
Browse a selection of books we think you might also like, with genre matches and a few wildcards thrown in.