We are temporarily only able to ship Faber Shop orders to addresses in the UK.
John Bridcut, author of the acclaimed ‘Britten’s Children’, has included significant fresh material which will make the book indispensable for Britten aficionados as well as for those who are discovering the composer’s music for the first time. This guide is all about finding a way into Britten’s music.
An outline of planned chapters:
– The Top Ten Britten pieces
– Critics’ First Impressions
– Britten’s Life
– Britten and Pears
– The things they said
– The Music (stage works, choral works, songs, chamber music, orchestral works)
– The Interpreters of Britten’s work
– Britten as Performer
– The Impresario (English Opera Group and Aldeburgh Festival)
– Britten’s Homes
– Trivial Pursuits
Browse a selection of books we think you might also like, with genre matches and a few wildcards thrown in.