Faber Factory Senior Production Controller
Faber is a leading independent literary publisher. We publish a diverse range of high-profile authors such as Kazuo Ishiguro, Anna Burns, Sally Rooney, Leïla Slimani, Tsitsi Dangarembga, Orhan Pamuk, Sebastian Barry, Laura Lippman, Lenny Henry, Luke Harding, Melissa Harrison and Amelia Gentleman, and we have a backlist containing the works of T. S. Eliot, Seamus Heaney, Sylvia Plath and William Golding, among many others. Faber is also a supplier of sales and distribution services to independent publishers and has a market-leading creative writing school.
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Senior Production Controller working in the Faber Factory team to manage, grow and review and standardise procedures for Faber Print Services.
The role will be working across all of the publishers supported by our print services with a strong link to the Faber production team. This newly created role is perfect for an experienced production person with an entrepreneurial spark and excellent customer service skills. The role encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Helping publishers to deliver their frontlist titles on time, within their budget and to the required standard.
- Some audio book production.
- Liaising with external suppliers.
- Pro-actively expanding the service.
- Keeping in close contact with the Faber Production department.
- Preparing costings and print orders and issuing invoices.
- Checking files and advising on all aspects of print production.
We are looking for a highly organised yet flexible individual with the ability to prioritise their workload, generous with their knowledge, literate and a team player with a passion for the practical and logistical aspects of publishing who cares about the success of the company and the welfare of their colleagues.
The role is full time on a fixed term contract for 1 year and reports to the Production Director.
Salary is £28,000 – £31,000 depending on skills and experience.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to SPController@faberrecruitment.co.uk quoting ref FF.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th August 2022.
– – –
Faber has a staff of just over 120, based across our offices in Bloomsbury Square, London, and Harlow. We want all our staff to have the best possible, most positive and enjoyable experience while working at Faber.
Our benefits include:
- Access to Faber titles (including regular staff book clubs), discounted Independent Alliance titles
- Minimum of 28 days’ holiday per year
- Five days per year for volunteering work of your choice
- Full subscription to the Headspace meditation app
- Season-ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work vouchers
- Subsidised eye tests
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance and income protection insurance
- Access to online GP and advisory services
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Data Protection Privacy Notice at faber.co.uk/data-protection-privacy and our Data Protection Policy at faber.co.uk/data-protection-policy. Please read our Data Protection Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy before submitting your application.