My Mum’s Growing Down

Laura Dockrill
Illustrated by David Tazzyman

My Mum Is A Grown Down is a larger than life collection of poems for a middle grade audience about one wild, hysterical and hilarious Mum.

6 in stock

£6.99
Format
Paperback
ISBN
Date Published
Delivery
All orders are sent via Royal Mail and are tracked: choose from standard or premium delivery.
Summary

SHORTLISTED for the Scholastic Lollies Awards – My Mum Is A Grown Down is a larger than life collection of poems for a middle grade audience about one wild, hysterical and hilarious Mum.

She says ‘I’ve worked so hard for years and I deserve a rest!’
As she scribbles with crayons and pours custard down her dress,
She’s dangling from the banister with her head upside-down!
Does your Mum do this?
Help! My Mum’s growing DOWN!

Mum is a gamer, a party animal and a free spirit making life hard work for her nine year old son. These poems are a glimpse into their parent child relationship; their antics and adventures. The poems are bold, brave, funny and some – very moving. This collection shows just how funny, rude and naughty mums can be! It’s Dahl meets Dr Seuss meets Colin McNaughton with a sprinkling of Absolutely Fabulous.

‘The most entertaining poetry collection since Spike Milligan’s Silly Verse for Kids.’ The i

‘A rollicking, rib tickling collection of poems.’ Carousel

‘A joyous book.’ WRD

‘Vibrant, hilarious and touching book of well-crafted and original poems. A truly lovely book.’ BookTrust

‘Individuality and eccentricity is expressed through engaging verse.’ The School Librarian

Critic Reviews

My Mum’s Growing Down, just might be the most entertaining poetry collection since Spike Milligan’s Silly Verse for Kids.’

The i
Critic Reviews

A rollicking, rib tickling collection of poems.

Carousel
Critic Reviews

A joyous book.

WRD
Critic Reviews

Vibrant, hilarious and touching book of well-crafted and original poems. A truly lovely book

BookTrust
Critic Reviews

Enormous fun. David Tazzyman’s illustrations are the perfect effervescent match for Laura’s sincere and candid poems. Gorgeously produced, this is a spirited and entertaining poetry collection.

Playing by the book
Critic Reviews

Individuality and eccentricity is expressed through engaging verse.

The School Librarian
LauraDockrill

Laura Dockrill is an English performance poet, author/illustrator and short story writer. Laura was born and grew up in Brixton. She is the author of the Darcy Burdock series and a YA novel, Lorali as well as a number of adult poetry collections. My Mum’s Growing Down is her first poetry collection for children.

Read More
LauraDockrill
Laura-Dockrill.jpg