Stanley Donwood is an artist. He has produced record covers for Radiohead and exhibited worldwide.
Stanley Donwood's fictional universe is one in which anything can happen, and frequently does. Disappearances (people, things) are everyday. Relationships are unstable. Nature has turned unnatural. It's the kind of world (the kind of book) in which you might walk into a room only to find, that room, has ... no ... floor.
A substantial selection of Stanley's fiction over the past ten years or so, (title) shows a contemporary master of the micro narrative. Apocalyptic, funny, unsettling and hallucinogenic in their intensity, Stanley Donwood's stories present a series of haunting episodes in a world drained of meaning, sense and consequence.
Product Specification for the limited edition:
- 250 copies printed, priced £100 each
- Signed and numbered by Stanley Donwood
- 192pp text as per the trade edition but with own copyright page, all printed 1/1 on a special making of 120gsm hemp paper, with alternating Stanley Donwood 'weeping minotaur' and Faber logo watermarks, Endpapers printed 4/0 on 150gsm uncoated offset
- PLC printed 4/0 with foil blocking on spine, matt lamination, sewn cased over 2,500 micron boards
- Portfolio contains 1 x signed and numbered Donwood print on 300gsm handmade hemp paper, with Stanley Donwood 'weeping minotaur' watermark and FF logo deboss
- Portfolio has plain 120gsm hemp endpapers and is covered in a black cloth case with deboss on front panel over 2,500 micron boards
- PLC printed 4/0 over a rigid slipcase with soft touch lamination
- Slipcase to be individually wrapped and labelled as per limited edition run